Friday 26 June 2009

My hair story

I've dyed my hair so many times over the past 2/3 years that I can't even remember how many packs of dye I have been through. I'm naturally a light strawberry blonde colour.

I started off at 14 by dying it brown, gradually getting darker then went the whole way and dyed it black. At the time I loved it and stayed black for around 1 1/2 years. Three months ago I wanted to go red so off I went, bleached my hair at home then applied a red dye. I loved the red for about the first two weeks but then it because dull and boring. So I wanted to be blonde.
I've bleached my hair about three times, applied 3 blonde dyes and it's still not the colour I want it but for the sake of my hair, I'm willing to leave it for a few months till it can get some condition and softness back.
At the moment, the colour is acceptable but very dry, brittle and lacking any sort of shine. When I straighten it, it breaks off at the ends. I know I shouldn't straighten it but I have naturally thick, coarse frizzy hair and not applying heat simply isn't an option.

I now plan to apply a mask every other wash. I'm also using CHI Keratin Mist, a leave in strengthing treatment which I hope will help.


Above is a L'Oreal Elvive Re-Nutrition hair mask, with royal jelly. This smells amazing! It also leaves my hair super soft (or softer than usual!) after using it. This was around £3 in Asda. I also bought Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance Leave-In conditioner, which you apply when hair is damp. I also spray it on my hair when it's dry, mainly because the smell is so damn good! I can't even begin to tell you how good this smells. Seriously, they should make a perfume out of it ha ha ha!

Hopefully, in a few months, my hair will be in better condition, fingers crossed x

1 comment:

  1. I love the aussie stuff, I use it all the time just cos it smells sooo nice!! xx

    ReplyDelete